Friday, May 11, 2007

Highly, highly recommended.

I'm listening to a fantastic Oxford-style debate on NPR regarding global warming. Really, go listen to it--it's excellent.

The proposition being debated: "Global Warming is not a Crisis."

I really wish these types of debates happened more often. It does my soul good.

An excerpt from Richard Lindzen, meteorology prof at MIT:

"Please keep in mind what the proposition is. It is not a debate over whether the earth has been warming over the past century. The earth is always warming or cooling, at least a few tenths of a degreeā€¦. Indeed, as far as I can tell, even our opponents do not claim that global warming is a crisis at present. Rather, we are primarily addressing the future. Now, much of the current alarm, I would suggest, is based on ignorance of what is normal for weather and climate."

Comments:
That sounds really interesting. Will listen to it when I have a chance.
 
i recommend listening to the unedited version, by the way. the shorter version is pretty choppy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?