Monday, December 18, 2006

My apologies.....

Well, I "updated" the blog like blogger told me to--it promised all kinds of new functionality. But now my friends have been kicked off the blog, for some reason. I'm really sorry--I'm trying to figure out what happened. If I don't figure it out tonite, I'll work on it in the morning. Yikes!


UPDATE: here's what blogger Help says:

What happens when team blogs switch to Blogger in beta?
A team blog will only switch to Blogger in beta when the original owner moves his or her account over.
Team members who have not yet switched to Blogger in beta will still see the blog on their dashboards, but it will be grayed out and inaccessible. Once those members move their own accounts to the beta, they will be able to access the blog as before. If they can't yet switch, or don't wish to, they can ask the owner of the blog for a new invitation to join the blog on the beta version. They can then accept that invitation by logging in to or creating a Google Account to post to that blog. (Later on, when they do switch their Blogger account to the new version, they'll have an option to merge it with this account.)
If a team member of a blog switches their account to beta before the blog owner does, then the team blog is not converted. It will appear on the team member's dashboard in beta, but clicking on it will lead back to the old version of Blogger. Thus, the blog will still be usable, but without the new features of Blogger in beta (e.g. Labels, Layouts, etc.).


I had no idea this would happen! So sorry--I suppose you guys have to switch over your accounts to the new blogger in order to appear on the blog again....*sigh* What a pain!

Comments:
This happened with our family blog, but when I clicked on each team member and just reordered them under members, they suddenly appeared.

Weird. I do like the new beta version though, lots of fun features.
 
mm hmm. sounds suspicious.
 
Sweetpea-

Can you send me a new invite?? It tells me it is out of beta. I was actually offered to switch many times, but always ignored it. I think this may be the only way now.
 
Lizard---you and WG are still listed as guest bloggers, so I can't send you an invite. I think there must be a way for you to switch over....if you can't figure it out, let me know and I will try to remove you from the list and re-send and invite. xoxo
 
okay--i think you're back on. i clicked on your names in my admin. section and you magically appeared on the blog. (like hannah)

hopefully you can post now.
 
It is listed on my dashboard but is grayed out because I am not switched over to Beta. But it also says I cannot switch over because they are 'out of Beta'. Weird.

I will have to play around.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?