Friday, September 15, 2006

The Depression Update

Well, I still have depression. On the good days I think, "Do I have depression?" On the not-so-good days I think, "Oh God, I have depression. This is never going to end. Am I even capable of sleep?" and so on and so on.

This past Monday I saw my Naturopathic Physician and she had my test results. The tests showed that my Adrenal Gland system is creating less than half of the amount of epinephrine I need in a day. The epinephrine thus affects my norepinephrine and to make things short I have no adrenaline. In other words I have no 'get-up and go'. My serotonin levels are low which contributes to me feeling sad. And finally this chemical which I cannot remember the name of is high basically giving me lots of 'nervous energy'. Her analogy for me is that I am trying to drive a car whith my foot on the gas with no fuel or oil in the gears.

So, I've just started 2 amino acids and a herbal supplement plus primrose oil. and apparently I have to include time in there.

I've also started counseling, which is good, but sooo hard.

So there's my update. It's hard to blog these days when dropping a comment is easier for me. I would like to blog about adoption and homeschooling soon though.

I'll keep you updated...

Comments:
I'm so glad that you have a doctor who has found the root of the problem. Depression is so hard. Having no "umph" is so hard. I will praying for you, especially as you wait on the time factor.
 
Thank you so much for keeping us updated. I look forward to your comments and will be praying for you.
 
Oh, and one thing: usually with counseling it gets harder before it gets easier. I don't say this to discourage you, but to help you not be frustrated if it does get harder and also to encourage you because it DOES get better and is worth the hard work.

I share this from the perspective of both sides (having been counseled with my family years ago and having been in the counselors seat).
 
so sorry you're going through this, lizard. i've been praying for you and thinking about you a lot lately.
 
What kellsey said about counseling has been so true in my life.

Also, I'd have to say - having a couple of kids, homeschooling, and trying to adopt? I think those things alone might steal my umph. Congrats on your courage in doing all of that despite the addded troubles
 
What kellsey said about counseling has been so true in my life.

Also, I'd have to say - having a couple of kids, homeschooling, and trying to adopt? I think those things alone might steal my umph. Congrats on your courage in doing all of that despite the addded troubles
 
sweet friend--you've been through a lot in the past few years. i'm not surprised your poor adrenal glands are worn out. i know it feels good to KNOW something concrete....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?