Monday, April 10, 2006

Wedding Stories



I shot a beautiful Indian wedding this weekend. The florist arranged the flower petals down the isle and it was absolutely gorgeous. In order to keep it completely untouched until the bride entered, the center isle was roped off and guests were seated from the side isles. The rope was removed right before the bridesmaids were about to enter, but 2 guests snuck in at the last minute.....and didn't happen to notice the petals arranged down the center isle...they made it almost half-way down the isle (walking on top of the petals) before the wedding coordinator came running and screaming after them, "Stop! Stop!" They were more than a little embarrassed, but the damage wasn't as bad as it could've been. I'm just glad I took this photo before the guests entered...

Comments:
Gorgeous. I would LOVE to go to an Indian wedding.....I love all the color...
 
Wow - that looks amazing! I got to go to an Indian wedding about a year and a half ago, and it was incredible. The groom rode into the hotel pool area on a white horse surrounded by all of the guests. He met the bride's family, and there was some kind of ceremony that I couldn't see. The marriage ceremony itself was in a ballroom impeccably decorated in red and gold. It was extremely long, and you were free to come and go to the reception area throughout. After the ceremony, the bride changed into another outfit, and there was a dinner for about 800 people. There were elaborate party favors for all of the guests. I didn't stick around for the grand finale.

The bride is a friend of mine from work, and she was STUNNING. She created a program with descriptions of what was going on during the ceremony and created a video for the beginning of the dinner that described where their families were from and some of the traditions of the night.

As a side note, I looked at this hotel for our reception, and I think they probably spent at least $150K on just the hotel/food/drinks. Yikes!
 
800 people?!!! I don't think I've EVER been to a wedding that big. Wow. I bet it was amazing...
 
WG - I love the henna tatoo pic you posted, too. I'm a sucker for a beautifully-intricate henna tatoo =). I've never seen one go up the arm like that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?