Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Praise.

Continuing with the springtime theme:


This is my Father's world,
and to my listening ears
all nature sings, and round me rings
the music of the spheres.

This is my Father's world:
I rest me in the thought
of rocks and trees,
of skies and seas;
his hand the wonders wrought

This is my Father's world.
O let me ne'er forget
that though the wrong
seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.

-Maltbie D. Babcock, 1901


(My favorite verses from one of our favorite hymns, This is My Father's World. Sung at our wedding.)

Comments:
O, I love that hymn...I do believe it is my favorite.
 
Sweetpea,
I just told Macon I wanted to share a verse of one of your favorite hymns. After reading like one line, he said, "oh, yeah! that's one of my favorite hymns. I whistle it to Aidan when we go on our morning walks because that's how I want him to think about the world around him."

And I had never heard the hymn. The things you don't know about your spouse...thank goodness for your blog or I would still be ignorant of this blessed part of my husband's and son's morning ritual.
 
I need to edit my prior comment. Macon said, "...favorite hymns. I whistle it to Aidan when we go on our morning walks. sometimes I sing the words because that's how I want him to think about the world around him."
 
kellsey--that is so dear.
 
also, kellsey, the husband's interviewing for a job in Austin.
 
NO WAY!!! That's fantastic! There are so many fun places to be here.

Let me know what happens with that (after the fast is over, of course).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?