Friday, February 17, 2006

Encouragement.

Hey again. Thanks for your sweet comments regarding my health issues. Today I came upon this article by John Piper, pastor and author. I admire Piper and have been influenced and encouraged by his books.

Dr. Piper recently had surgery for prostate cancer. He wrote an article, "Don't Waste Your Cancer," on the eve of his surgery. While by no means do I intend to equate my health struggles with his, I was still encouraged by his article. I just substituted "illness" for the word "cancer."


Here's the article, if you'd like to read it:

http://desiringgod.org/library/fresh_words/2006/021506.html

Comments:
Wow. That is encouraging. Super intense, but all so so true...Also good for those of us not currently dealing with physical sickness.
 
yes, i agree. it's definitely intense--it's good, hard, truth.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?