Friday, January 13, 2006

Laura tagged herself with this meme. I like that. Then she tagged me:


Four jobs I've had:

1. My first job, other than babysitting, was at Southeastern Paralegal Institute. I worked there the summer after graduating from high school. Doing receptionist/filing/typing etc.---a job I was poorly suited for, as efficiency is hardly my middle name. My mom would call me at work and burst out laughing because my "Good morning, Southeastern Paralegal" sounded so terrified.

2. In college, I worked in the technology department--once again, very poorly suited for the job. I remember sitting at a computer, formatting disks and copying information onto them while jamming to my walkman. I was also the office joke, since every time anyone walked by the copier, I was there on my knees, trying to get it unjammed, having just jammed it.

3. Things looked up in college when I got a job with Lighted Schools, teaching in a after-school art program in Waco's middle schools. Involved in planning lessons, teaching lessons, and breaking up fights between 14-year-old black boys. Favorite moment: when a young boy, probably about 12, held open the door for me, looked me over, and said "What's up, snowpea?"

4. A few years ago, I worked at Banana Republic in between teaching jobs. Let me just say there are a lot a extremely skinny women in our fair city. We had trouble keeping size 0's in
stock. (throws up a little in her mouth)


4 Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:

1. Room with a View--how I want to run thru barley fields in Florence!!
2. Princess Bride--a favorite since I saw it in sixth grade at a slumber party.
3. Amelie--seriously resonates with me.
4. Roman Holiday--Audrey Hepburn/Gregory Peck...need I say more.
5. The Spanish Prisoner--loving Steve Martin in a serious role.
6. Les Miserables--the grace!! the mercy!!
7. The Sandlot--just love it.

4 Places I've Lived:

1. Plano, TX
2. Waco, TX
3. Dallas, TX

4 TV Shows You Love to Watch:

1. Lost
2. Any of the various Law and Order hybrids
3. Any of the various CSI hybrids--I'm a real sucker for crime dramas.

4 Websites You Visit Daily:

1. This blog
2. Other blogs

Places you've been on vacation:

1. Europe--traveling round with Mia, my college roommate
2. California--northern CA is one of the most beautiful places I've been
3. Boston--to play with Wedding Girl, of course.
4. New York City--should've been an art trip, but was mostly a shopping one.
5. Oxford, Miss. (accompanying my husband on his Faulkner pilgrimage)
6. Colorado

4 Favorite Foods:

1. Italian
2. Indian (I crave Tikka!!)
3. Thai (I crave Pad Thai!)
4. Mexican, the Texan variety

Where you'd rather be right now:

Breastfeeding my baby while sitting under the small loggia of my rented Italian cottage, in the slanting golden light of the afternoon.


I'd like to tag Wedding Girl and Miss Hannah.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?