Monday, December 05, 2005

Good News for the Art Teacher.

I've been giving private art lessons to a sixth-grade student, H. She entered one of the drawings we've been working on in an school-wide art contest at school..... a large color drawing of a tiger (I know, all of my private students are obsessed with wild felines.) Anyway, she attends a large public school.....and she won first place! Her drawing will go to district and hopefully on to state. I am not a huge art contest fan, particularly for younger children, but I'm really excited for this student! It's been a huge encouragement to her. She really has a ton of natural ability, and I think she needed this.

Leah, isn't it exciting????

Comments:
that is great!!! how exciting!!!!
give her a big "congratulations" for me!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?