Monday, October 31, 2005

Kyle Lake

Please pray for the family of Kyle Lake, pastor of University Baptist Church in Waco, who was electrocuted while performing a baptism yesterday morning---in front of 800 church members. Kyle has a wife, Jen, and three children. I did not know either Kyle or Jen well when I was in school, but they were some of the first people I met when I transferred to Baylor years ago. (They were both friends with my roommates, and were in my apt. all the time.) Both Kyle and Jen were memorably kind to me at that time--when I was new and hadn't made any friends yet. So I am thinking of Jen today, and of her children. Please pray for comfort for them and for all who witnessed such a tragedy.

Comments:
I've been racking my brain trying to remember Kyle, but alas I don't think I ever knew him. So sad, so tragic.
Liz
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?