Friday, July 22, 2005

Art and Fear, Part 2

Ah, yes, Liz!!! "Procrastinate your Passions" is a lovely subtitle for the book "Art and Fear," (which is a real book, by the way.) And I must admit that the only reason I ended up drawing was because I didn't have the car that day and every other task I had attempted was thwarted in some way. How lame am I. But one must keep on truckin', mustn't one?

Has anyone read Toni Morrison? I just finished "Beloved." It's amazing. Definitely not for the faint of heart, however. The whole book has this freaky, dark, off-kilter, sorrowful, heavy feel. Michael says it's actually comedic (sp.) at the end, in the sense of an upturn---that the characters seem to be emerging out of the darkness. Anyway, I don't have anything brilliant to say about it, really-- just that I was really affected.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?